- This Act may be called the Delhi Urban Art Commission Act, 1973.
- It extends to the whole of the Union territory of Delhi.
- It shall come into force on such date' as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
2. In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires,-:
- "Building' includes any structure or erection or part of a structure or erection which is intended to be used for residential, industrial, commercial or other purposes, whether in actual use or not;
- "Building operations" includes rebuilding operations, structural alterations of. or additions to, buildings and other operations normally undertaken in connection with the construction of buildings;
- "Commission" means the Delhi Urban Art Commission established under section 3;
- "Delhi" means the Union territory of Delhi;
- "Development" with its grammatical variations means the carrying out of building, engineering, mining or other operations in, on, over or under, land or the making of any material change in any building, or land and includes redevelopment;
- "Engineering operations" includes the formation or laying out of means of access to a road or the laying out of means of water supply;
- "Local body" means the Delhi Municipal Corporation established under the Delhi Municipal Corporation Act, 1957, the New Delhi Municipal Committee constituted under the Punjab Municipal Act, 1911 as in force in Delhi, the Delhi Development Authority constituted under the Delhi Development Act, 1957, or any other local authority concerned with urban development of Delhi;
- "Member" means a member of the Commission and includes its Chairman:
- "Public amenity" includes road, water supply, street lighting, drainage, sewerage, public works and such other convenience as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette specify to be a public amenity for the purpose of this Act;
- "Regulation" means a regulation made under this Act by the Commission;
- "Rule" means a rule made under this Act by the Central Government.