ESTABLISHMENT OF THE COMMISSION
- With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, there shall be established a Commission by the name of the Delhi Urban Art Commission.
- The Commission shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract and shall by the said name sue or be sued.
4. The Commission shall consist of a Chairman and such number of other members, being not less than two and not more than four as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint from amongst persons who, in the opinion of the Central Government, have sensibility and interest in the plastic and visual arts and urban environment, or possess special knowledge or practical experience in respect of architecture or art.
- A member shall, unless his appointment is terminated earlier by the Central Government, hold office for a term of three years from the date of his appointment.
- A person who holds, or who has held, office as Chairman or member shall be eligible for reappointment to that office once, but only once.
- A member may resign his office by writing -under his hand addressed to the Central Government, but he shall continue in office until his resignation is accepted by the Central Government.
- A casual vacancy caused by the resignation of a member under sub- section (3) or for any other reason, shall be filled by fresh appointment.
- A member may be appointed either as a whole-time or part-time member as the Central Government thinks fit.
- Subject to the foregoing provisions, the terms and conditions of service of the Chairman and other members shall be such as may be, prescribed by rules.
6. The Commission shall meet at such times and places and shall observe such rules of procedure in regard to the transaction of business It its meetings as may be prescribed by regulation.
7.No act or proceeding of the Commission shall be deemed to be invalid by reason merely of any vacancy in, or any defect in the constitution of, the Commission.
- The Commission may associate with itself, in such manner and for such purposes as may be determined by regulations, any person whose assistance or advice it may desire in carrying out any of the provisions of this Act.
- A person associated with it by the Commission under sub-section (1) for any purpose shall have 'a right to take part in the discussions relevant to that purpose. but shall not have a right to vote at a meeting of the Commission. and shall not be a member for any. other purpose.
- The Central Government shall in consultation with the Commission appoint a Secretary of the Commission who shall hold office during of the Central Government :
provided that the first appointment of the Secretary may be made by the Central Government without consultation with the Commission .
- The terms and conditions of service 6f the Secretary shall be such as may be prescribed by rules.
- Subject to any rules, the Commission may appoint such other employees as it may think necessary for the efficient performance of its functions under this Act, and the terms and conditions of service of the employees so appointed shall be such as may be' determined by regulations.
10. All orders and decisions and other instruments of the Commission shall be authenticated by the signature of the Secretary or any other officer of the Commission duly authorized by it in this behalf.