21. The Commission shall furnish to the Central Government such returns or other information with respect to its fund or activities as the Central Government may, from time to time, require.
22 The Central Government may, subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by rules in this behalf, exempt any building, building operation or engineering operation which has been designed as a result of an Architectural competition, from the operation of ill or any of the provisions of this Act.
23.The Commission may, by general or special order in writing, delegate to the Chairman or any other member or any officer of the Commission, subject to such conditions and limitations, if any, as may be specified in the order, such of its powers and functions under this Act is it may deem necessary for the efficient running of the day-to-day administration of the Commission.
24. All members and officers of the Commission shall, when acting or purporting to act in pursuance of any of the provisions of this Act, be deemed to be public servants within the meaning of section 21 of the Indian Penal Code.
25. No suit or other legal proceeding shall lie against any member or officer of the Commission in respect of anything which is in good faith done or intended to be done in pursuance of this Act.
- The, Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Act.
- In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely
- The salaries, if any, allowances and other terms and conditions of service of members of the Commission;
- The terms and conditions of service of the Secretary of the Commission;
- The matters in respect of which the Commission may tender advice to the Central Government under clause, (i) of sub-section of section (2) of section 11;
- The form in which, and the time within which, the budget and annual report of the Commission may be prepared and forwarded to the Central Government;
- The form and manner in which the accounts, of the Commission may be maintained, and the time at which, and the manner in which, such accounts may be audited;
- The returns and information. which the Commission may be required to furnish to the Central Government;
- The conditions subject to whiich, any building, building operation or engineering operation,, as a result of an architectural competition, may exempted;
- Any other matter which has to be or may be prescribed by rules.
- Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be cornpriscd in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following, the session or the succesive sessions aforesaid, both Houses, agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so. however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
27. The Commission may. with the previous approval of the Central Goveriifiicnt, by notification in the Official Gazette, make regulations consistent with this Act and the rules made thereunder for-
- Regulating the meetings of the Commission and the procedure for conducting business thereat;
- Regulating the manner in which and the purposes for which persons may be associated with the Commission under section 8;
- Determining the terms and conditions of service of persons appointed by the Commission under subsection (3) of section 9;
- Any other matter which has to be or may be prescribed by regulations.