The Commission at its meeting held on June 15, 2005 has decided that the functions of the Commission shall cover the following :-
1. Development of district centers, sub district civic centers, community centers areas earmarked for Government, administrative buildings and for residential complexes, public building/complexes on more than 2 hectares in area or abutting 24 mt. wide road (excluding within residential colonies/areas) or taller than 26 mts. in height;
2. Re-development of the Connaught Place Complex and its environs, Central Vista, the entire bungalow area of Lutyen's New Delhi, historic areas of the City including Shahjahanabad, Civil Lines, Mehrauli and such other areas as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify;
3. Architectural expressions and visual appearance of new buildings in the centers, areas, parks and gardens specified in clauses (a) and (b) including selections of models or statues and fountains therein;
4. Re-development of areas in the vicinity of Jama Masjid, Red Fort, Qutab, Humayun's Tomb, Old Fort, Tuglakabad and of such other places of historical importance, as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify;
5. Conservation, preservation and beautification of monumental buildings, heritage, public parks and public gardens including location or installation of statues or fountains therein;
6. Street furniture and hoardings;
7. (i) Location and plans of infrastructural proposals like power houses, water towers, television and other communication towers and other allied structures;
(ii) Transport corridors including major roads, metro rail including metro stations, Railway Stations, Airports, flyovers, bridges etc. ;
8. Any other project or lay-out to beautify Delhi or to add to its cultural vitality or to enhance the quality of the surroundings thereof at the discretion of the Commission.
1. The Secretary, M/o Urban Development, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
2. The Joint Secretary (D&L), M/o Urban Development, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
3. The Director (DD), M/o Urban Development, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
4. Chief Town Planner, TCPO, I.P. Estate, New Delhi.
5. Director General (Arch.) CPWD, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
6. Additional Director General (Arch.) CPWD, Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi.
7. Engineer-in-Chief, PWD (GNCTD), Curzon Road Barracks, New Delhi.
8. Vice Chairman, DDA, Vikas Sadan, INA, New Delhi.
9. Commissioner, MCD, Town Hall, Delhi.
10. Chairperson, NDMC, Palika Kendra, New Delhi.
11. Commissioner (Plng.) DDA, Vikas Minar, I.P. Estate, New Delhi.
12. Chief Town Planner, MCD, Nigam Bhawan, Kashmere Gate, Delhi.
13. Executive Engineer (Bldg.) HQ, MCD, Town Hall, Delhi.
14. Director (Bldg.) DDA, Vikas Sadan, INA, New Delhi.
15. Chief Architect, NDMC, Palika Kendra, New Delhi.
16. The Managing Director, Delhi Metro Rail Corporation, NBCC Place, Bhisham Pitmah Marg, Pragati Vihar, New Delhi-03.
17. The Chief Engineer, DTTDC, 10th floor, Mayur Bhawan, Connaught Place, New Delhi
1. Chairman, DUAC
2. Members, DUAC
3. Notice Board
5. All concerned in the office