Redesigning of ITO Intersection
Along with the growth of population the travel demand of the city of Delhi has increased many folds. The inadequacies of public transport system has resulted in growth of motor vehicles. In spite of having comparatively wide roads congestion has become a normal feature on Delhi roads and the delays at junctions have enormously increased. Sometimes the approaching traffic will have to wait for 2-3 cycles to clear the intersections.
One of the busiest intersections in Delhi is situated at ITO forming the gateway for traffic from trans-Yamuna areas. This intersection is typical as it is an integration of two junctions located at either side of the railway track. The railway tracks are provided with an under-bridge for facilitating the cross movement of road traffic. A total of more than 3,00,000 vehicles use this intersection on any normal working day. With peak volumes touching a figure of about 30,000 vehicles per hour. By its location and adjoining developments, providing grade separated interchanges is not easily possible at this location. A such appropriate traffic management measures will have to be evolved and implemented for efficient movement of traffic at this intersection. Realizing this need the Delhi Urban Art Commission (DUAC) requested Central Road Research Institute (CRRI) to conduct a detailed study of the traffic flows both of vehicles and pedestrians in that area so as to work out an optimal solution for managing the traffic at this intersection. Acceding to the request of DUAC, CRRI undertook systematic traffic studies to assess the traffic characteristics and needed facilities to handle the traffic through appropriate control measures. In this report the details of the study along with the proposed traffic management plan for ITO intersection are included.
Preamble to the Constitution New
Fit India Fitness Protocols New
DUAC encourage RTI Application in case of life and liberty matter through Email at: email@example.com
The Commission does not accept any proposal offline. Please submit all your proposals online.
Prime Minister's National Relief Fund-Regarding
"All donations towards the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund (PMNRF) are notified for 100% deduction from taxable income under Section 80G of the INCOME TAX ACT, 1961".
* Ease Of Doing Business in Construction Permits
* Color Coded Map
* Notice on site specific urban design studies
* DUAC's Working Hours & Public Dealing Timings,
* List of Holidays - Year 2020
*Online Proposal Assesment & Approval System - Login
* Memorandum - Incomplete proposals referred online to DUAC NEW
* Memorandum - DUAC Policy on Conceptual proposals received by the Commission
* Memorandum - Use of State Emblem by DUAC
* Memorandum - Forwarding of online proposals to the DUAC by the Local Boadies
* Memorandum - CPWD and PWD (GNCTD) henceforth be treated as 'other local authority' in terms of Section 11(1) of DUAC Act, 1973
* Memorandum - Online Submission of Proposals to the D.U.A.C.